Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Trails, amigos!

This is my last post as moderator of this blog for The League of the Underemployed (formerly the Not Just for Moovies blog).

This blog started as an outgrowth of a practice I began when I returned to Seattle from Spokane. I wanted to capitalize on the ability to see lots of interesting movies, and I wanted to reconnect with my local friends, so every time I went to the movies (which was more often then), I sent out an email saying that I was going and inviting anyone to come along.

Well, that practice turned into a Moovie Group mailing list, and then an events calendar, and then this blog. It has been a lot of fun to watch the connections be made among people who met and established friendships through the gang.

However, I have been reconsidering how and to what extent I am going to be active in the blogosphere and in socializing; this reflection began in the context of my new job, but is informed by other factors as well.

At any rate, I will no longer be publishing a social agenda or taking point on activities. I'll leave the site active for use; everyone on the sidebar can post, and if anyone wants administrator status, let me know.

So, I'll be seeing you all in the funny papers!

1 comment:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

RIP, LTU