Sunday, June 11, 2006

Okay, so here's the plans(s)

The Solstice Parade is this Saturday, June 17; this page has a map of the route. The local streets are closed at 11:00 and the parade starts at noon. Since we are not focusing on the Fremont Fair, but just on the parade, it seems we would get a better viewing area in the less-congested east end of the route, so here's the deal: Otis and I are going to go out to breakfast and then scooter down with the intent of being in place by 10:00 am. Plan A will be to take over one of the pedestals for the supports under the Aurora Bridge. We scoped them out last night; they are about four feet higher than the sidewalk and have plenty of room. If we can't get one of those, Plan B will be to stake out a space along the route to the east, somewhere near Stone Way. We'll bring a blanket and a couple of small chairs. Anyone else can either join us early-ish and play games while we wait, or late-ish and just show up for the parade.

Superman Returns officially opens on Wednesday, June 28. Otis and I will be going to the 7:15 pm show at the IMAX theatre in the Pacific Science Center. (The IMAX version of the movie includes twenty minutes that are in 3-D; early reports are that it's great.) I am going to buy tickets early in a week or so. Let me know if you are coming and I'll pick your up as well.

3 comments:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

I'll be up for Supes. We'll have completely moved out of the old place the day before, so I'll probably be feeling like I can fly, too.

John said...

I'm totally in for the Supper Club.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

HEY!

If anybody goes to see "Expiration Date" stay through the credits and see if they give me a "Foley Recordist" credit....

I'd check it out myself, but the best-laid movie plans of mine....just no time.