Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blogging Moment of the Year

I am a little late to the game of suggesting an Award of the Year but while I was having a sleepless night last night, I came up with the idea of:

Your Favorite Blogging Moment of the Year!

For me, it was the post I did on women's rights where I wondered who was more exploited: a woman who was forced to wear a burka or a woman who made her living as a pole-dancer. As part of the post, I found opinions on the burka from women on both sides of the argument. The reason that this became my favorite blogging moment was when I got a comment from a friend of one of the women I quoted who also lived in Toronto and had also experimented with wearing the burka voluntarily. It made me feel that my blog did get beyond my faithful readership and could in a very small way contribute to discourse in the world.

P.S. Guess I won the

1 comment:

wheylona said...

That's a good one--it's nice to reach people beyond the regulars *and* contribute to larger things. I'd have to say my blogging moment was when I suddenly and quite unexpectedly had all those Basque people visiting my blog (after being "profiled" on the Basque Geek blog), and I even got a comment or two, so at least a few of them were even *reading* it. ;-) Guess I've had my 15 minutes of fame, eh?